My hubby and I struck one such deal this week.
For reasons that are entirely
I, on the other hand, have always wanted a mudroom, a so-called "dumping ground" for all the shoes, coats, diaper bags, and other such necessities of life that are known to clutter my house beyond recognition. Our (work in progress) basement has the perfect little nook for a petite mudroom, just off the entrance in from the garage which is where we enter the house 99% of the time. That room, however, was usurped by dear hubby when we moved in 3 years ago and dubbed "the radio room," and was outfitted with a rough shelf, a director's chair, a beer light, and HAM radio equipment. I can count on my hands the number of times he has actually used this "radio room."
This nook, this "radio room," has been the source of many sore discussions as we planned out the basement remodel. And since I have to walk past it every.single.time I go to the garage to get in the car, my dismay has grown by the day that I will forever be cursed to collect shoes from the far corners of the earth.
Thus enters the compromise.
If you had to guess, what do you think you would get when you mix post-holiday Craigslist vehicle searches and one wife's connivance?
Well, hubby got this:
And I'm getting this:
I think it's obvious who got the better deal. :)



Please tell me you are painting it that green color. I love it! :) If our house was set up for a mud room, we would have one. I had to settle on an entryway that was pretty. :)
ReplyDeleteA mud room is pretty much the #1 item on a wish list for our next house. Please take lots of before after pictures (with HAM radio labelled)
ReplyDeleteMudrooms are so cool! I hope to have one some day! :) Great compromise.
ReplyDeletejust please tell me that dear hubby isn't building it - after that construction issue about a year ago - was it a nightstand?? sent with love,
ReplyDeletemel(ody)
MEL!!! I've missed you so much! *hughughug*
ReplyDeleteRest assured, we are bringing in our much handier friend Ricky to help execute this building project. He is also an actual car mechanic, so I'm going to ask him to please double check that the Jeep is okay for my kids' father to be riding around in too. :)
You definitely got the better deal! Though I am glad I have had the privilege of being a part of one of the handful of times the radio room has been used :)
ReplyDelete