It's New Year's Eve again! I love trying to remember where I was on specific holidays, so I'm going to *attempt* to recap the last 10...
2000... the big one... Y2K. My mom was one of "those people" who thought the end was nigh. My then boyfriend Chris had to go home at 11:15 to be with his family in case the "grid went down." So I was stuck at home with my younger siblings doing NOTHING. We ended up disconnecting the battery on mom's car to punk her at midnight. She was so excited when she thought something had fallen victim to the Y2K monster, haha!
2001... let's see... I wasn't 21 yet. But my bff and I somehow ended up at a high school drinking party (how lame, right, since we were in college?!) and managed to share 1 wine cooler. Like I said. LAME. Thankfully that was the only party of that kind I ever attended (high school and college combined).
2002... Our first married NYE! Chris bought a cheap bottle of pink champagne from the gas station and we gagged on it while we watched the ball drop on our 12 inch television.
2003... absolutely no idea.
2004... We went to our friends' Alex and Hollie's house and played Trivial Pursuit until the wee hours. I fell asleep at some point and woke up to find myself yelling "The Sistine Chapel! Get in the car, baby!"
2005... We were on a plane flying back to England after a surprise trip home to visit our families for Christmas. We actually rang in that NYE twice because we were crossing time zones.
2006... in Croatia. I *think* we played board games and went to bed at the normal time because the next day was a normal Monday work day.
2007... Had a new baby, so we did n.o.t.h.i.n.g.
2008... let me think... Oh yeah! Nothing again!
2009... New baby, part deux. Zippo.
2010... Finally, some excitement! Chris is on a ride along with his cop friend (they had already responded to a fist fight before 7 pm, haha!) and I'm snuggled up with a dog watching old episodes of 30 Rock. Let's be honest... I'll be zonked out way before midnight. :) Anyone have a particularly memorable NYE to tell me about???
I hope everyone has a SAFE, wonderful, QUIET New Year's Eve, and a fantastic start to 2011! See y'all next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2008...All of my friends backed out on plans that we had made, so I was forced to go with my back up. This happened to be going with a guy ( that I didn't want to go with) to a party where we would be hanging out with his high school friends. His high school, by the way, had only 19 in his graduating class. I think you may know the rest of this story; you were there for a little while! 2 years later, I am married to this same guy and we'll be having our first baby this year! I sure am glad my friends are losers who backed out on our plans!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, what an awesome memory you have! I dont think I could go close to getting back that far.
ReplyDelete2010...on Ant and Bee's boat with them mum and dad and Rebekka, then home by 9pm, movie with the folks and into bed.
2009...on a different boat with Ant, Bee and some other friends where we watched fireworks, demonstrated how many time we could say "Wow, thats the first time I have....since last year" and made things out a random glow stick.
2008...on Ant and Bee's boat with the Gillans and other ship friends in Sydney Harbour watching the fireworks! Awesome!
...there is a theme developing here..
2007...Just arrived on Logos Hope in Kiel, jetlagged and crossing from 30'c+ to -'c something ridiculous. After a long flight, 6 hrs train and a quick nap, it was on to deck 9 for fake pink champagne, lots of hugs, and ice skating on the frozen deck while watching fireworks in the surrounding bay.
thats as far back as I can remember for now. To be continued..
this is a fun post, i don't think i could remember this many details even if i tried really hard - haha. happy new year!
ReplyDelete