Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Week in the Life

This week has been a fabulous cross section out of my so-called life.  It's had a sampling of most of  the normal stuff I do, which is totally boring most of the time and yet awesome at others.

Among other things, this past week I have so far:

*managed to feed my family for 4 days after the groceries ran out
*read a year's worth of issues of Midwifery Today
*got behind on and subsequently caught up with the laundry
*had my shirt used as a Kleenex
*joined the world of parenting children with allergies
*purchased in my lone trip to the store a bag of candy corn, box of non sterile gloves, and 2 large bottles of children's Benadryl (notice,  no actual groceries purchased, despite the fact we were starving to death)
*destinkified cloth diapers
*made a pin cushion that looks like a cupcake
*discovered that I like running, even though my knees don't like me afterward
*helped a friend blow up a kiddie pool in the driveway after dark, using 2 very low powered air compressors running off car battery
*watched a horribly depressing movie because my husband wanted to, even though I knew I would have nightmares later
*crocheted 7 hats
*attended the birth of a scrumptiously chubby baby
*paid a friend with pizza for answering my text at 4:50 am and babysitting my kids on short notice so I could attend said birth
*giggled like a teenager when I had to discreetly tell my hubby to "XYZ" from across a room full of people, during Bible study with our home fellowship group
*fell in love with my kids all over again when they did undeniably cute things
*purchased meal plans and a shopping list for a week's worth of meals (I'll let you know how that goes, if I ever make it to the grocery store...)
*started planning a birthday party that is THIS SATURDAY. 

It's pretty obvious I'm majorly behind on my domestic duties, no?  I should probably go do something...

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your non medicated, home birthed, breastfed baby ended up with a food allergy after all. boo! ;)
    I definitely want to hear about the meal plan. I've looked at several but doubted how useful they would really be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, I want to hear about the meal plan, too. I have friends that subscribe to them, and I've been interested to see if one would work for us. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested in the meal plan too.
    Does it include you coming to my house and preparing it and then cleaning it all up afterwards? :) If so, I'm all in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sitter got paid really well. I just pay mine with milk :)

    ReplyDelete