Monday, October 18, 2010

Meal planning made AWESOME!!!

Raise your hand if you hate meal planning?  *raises hand*

I have tried several different techniques to meal planning, like scouring the internet and cookbooks for recipes that specifically include the ingredients I have on hand, like noodles, a can of creamed corn, and 2 boxes of instant pudding.  I don't have much luck using that technique, so at one point I started a spreadsheet on my computer with the names of the all the stuff I know how to cook.  Then I would rotate through the recipes on a monthly basis.  It didn't take long until Chris was on to me... "Um, honey?  Didn't we have this meal on the second Tuesday of last month too?"

So, imagine my utter glee when I saw a Facebook friend advertising her new business... meal planning!!!  Genius.

Stephanie is starting up a meal planning service called The Spice of Life.  For a very reasonable fee, she will personalize meal plans to your specific direction!  Meataholic?  Vegan?  A foodie?  Feeding small kids?  No problem!  I filled out a detailed survey about the size of our family and our eating habits, which gave me the opportunity to make a couple of my own special requests, like that I prefer to use leftovers in new recipes, and that I try to keep it as healthy and natural as possible.  Those last two preferences are Stephanie's top goals, so I was delighted when I received my weeks worth of menus that had 7 new recipes for our family to try.  As if that weren't awesome enough, guess what?  Oh yeah.  She totally gives you a shopping list.  Do you know how easy that made my trip to the store???

Check out her services at:
The Spice of Life {Facebook page}

Gotta go... there's vegetarian lasagna leftovers in the fridge calling my name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment