In no particular order, here are the top ten things I am thankful for this week:
1) Safe delivery of my best friend's newest, beautiful baby, Evelyn "Evee" Mae! Too bad she had to pop the baby out in CA, otherwise I would have been there, cheering her on. (That might have annoyed the surgeon, though, seeing as how the stubborn little girl was breech and therefore came via c-section.)
2) Percolated coffee. Seriously people, this stuff is like liquid gold.
3) That Rory uses her manners. A lot. Even when she is doing stuff she shouldn't do. Example: *sound of Rory smacking her sister on the forehead* "Excuse me, Sissy! Please stop trying to play with my baby doll! Thank you!" *smacksmacksmack*
4) That my hubby cares enough about protecting his family in end of the world scenarios that he spends time reading things like this survival website. It's really kind of cute, except for the part where he wants to lay in bed at night and discuss things like total economic collapse, how he would get home from work (17 miles away) if his car stopped working, or whether or not we could survive nuclear holocaust in our basement.
![]() |
| This is a good "gateway" book if you are interested in getting into survivalism. |
6) My cute babies. Did you know almost every mom I know shared the same fear while pregnant? That our babies would come out ugly like miniature monkeys or hairless cats? I'm so thankful I got cute ones. But truthfully, every baby is cute to its mother, so it's kind of a moot point. Here's some proof, just in case:
7) That I have freedom in the Lord to "do" Halloween however our family chooses. He knows we aren't worshipping evil spirits, so it's a totally fun thing to do with the kids. This year we're taking the kids to the Fall Festival at my in-laws church.
8) For gas prices being lower this year. Remember when there was a "3" at the beginning of the price?! *shudder*
9) For all the business my Etsy is getting. Shameless plug alert! ReapWhatYouSew
- side note: Rory and I watched The Pajama Game the other day, which is a classic Doris Day flick about the embattled workers at a pajama factory. During a scene where they are campaigning for a 7 1/2 cent raise, they are picketing and holding up signs. One of the signs someone is holding up says "We Sew, You Reap!" Kinda made me wonder if I subconsciously remember that from watching the movie as a child...
10) And finally, I am thankful for the fact that this is quite possibly the last blog post I will have to write on the old dinosaur of a laptop my hubby dug out of the basement, because my new, sexy, sleek, beautiful laptop is scheduled to arrive today!!! Woo hoo!!! Now she just needs a name... ideas?
![]() |
| The lovely Ms. MSI Wind u230 |




OMG, I can NOT discuss end of the world/survivalism etc. It makes me a nervous wreck and I would have nightmares for nights and nights. My dad tends to take care of all the survival planning so my plan is to just go there. Or now I know you guys are right across the road there, so maybe we can pitch in for some supplies, ha ha.
ReplyDeletesee, i'm in love, i love knowing what you're thankful for. and as always, hilarious, and you're welcome for the shameless plug that will now bring you more business.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you added your business. I am having my 3rd girl in Feb and she needs a hat! Excellent!
ReplyDeleteI am learning so much about you in such a short time! Hahaha.
As far as the survival thing - my husband is such a freak about that stuff that we budget $50 a month to go to that stuff. Last month (oct) we spent $50 on first aid kits and things to go in them. 1 for the house and 1 for each car. He is a freak.
great post, your baby is adorable :)) having not had children yet, i have that fear!
ReplyDeleteDid you name her yet? I totally vote DORIS! Love me some Doris Day!
ReplyDelete