![]() |
| Me and Ms. Foxy Averatec |
Today was SUPER depressing, weather wise it was gray and nasty rainy cold, so it just seemed fitting that to top it all off, my laptop finally actually kicked the bucket. Like, Chris stood over it and said, "Well, that's the end of that. You'll never read anything on that screen again." And then he went and put it on the shelf in our closet. *sobs* All my stuff on it is backed up and I "get" to use his old laptop in the meantime, so I'm not totally devastated, especially given that the poor thing has been on life support for at least a year. For the last 2 weeks alone I've been using her with a piece of the case removed so I could wiggle the wire that kept shorting out and making the screen display disappear. Still, she was a legend, so I'm really gonna miss her.
She was always a hard worker, helping me keep the ship's office organized.
| Do you know how hard it was to keep her a frosty white in an office frequented by engine room mechanics? |
I have a classic picture of her on my lap while I'm pregnant with Rory, I just can't get to it right now, considering it's sort of stuck on her defunct hard drive. :(
Once the kids started coming along, she became a favorite toy and temptation.
![]() |
| Rory, checking Facebook already at 11 months old |
![]() |
| Wanting to tap those keys was a huge incentive for Liberty learning to pull up and cruise the couch |
We've had lots of good times, working, schoolworking, social networking, message boarding, researching, crafting, blogging, time wasting, photo editing, and mostly for just plain being my link to the world while home for long days with babies. I'll miss ya, girl.




awwwwww! 5 years? That's about 15 in computer years isn't it?
ReplyDeleteYeah, seriously! She was ANCIENT! Still had a CD drive and everything!
ReplyDeleteOur desktop is rapidly approaching 5 years old and we JUST upgraded her RAM to 2gig since DH couldn't get online effectively. Hopefully she doesn't die any time too soon since we just invested more money in her. DH does plan to "rebuild" her when the time comes though so that should be an experience. LOL
ReplyDeletei feel your pain
ReplyDelete