Sunday, March 11, 2012

UPDATE: Countdown to 30...

One month from now I'll be crying into my margarita celebrating my 30th birthday.  The last year has gone by so fast since I made my 30 before 30 resolution.

Keeping track of my progress...

My 30 before 30…

1.    Buy my first pair of cowgirl boots. DONE
2.    See as many babies get born as possible without neglecting my family. IN PROGRESS (baby count: 41)
3.    Finish the basement project.  DONE
4.    Get to (at least) the half way point in my midwifery diploma coursework.
5.    Collect enough bottles to fill up my wine rack. DONE
6.    Grow an herb garden on my deck.
7.    Visit a new country.
8.    Read a “classic” I’ve never read. DONE
9.    Teach Rory to read.
10.     Redecorate my living room on the cheap. DONE
11.     Plan and execute a surprise getaway for me and Chris. SCHEDULED
12.     Go skiing again. I'll explain later.
13.     Get caught up on the family photo albums and stay that way! IN PROGRESS
14.     Transfer all our video tapes onto DVDs.
15.     Learn how to start the lawnmower, and then mow the lawn… but just once. DONE
16.     Do Professor Horner’s Bible Reading System for at least 1 month straight. IN PROGRESS
17.     Visit my dad’s side of the family in Texas. SCHEDULED
18.     Pick out our next family car (and then save save save up for it!). DONE
19.     Dress all fancy (including hat and heels) and go to the Steeplechase.
20.     Donate my ponytail. DONE
21.     Hand write a thank you note every week for the whole year.
22.  Take the girls to see the ocean for the first time. SCHEDULED
23.  Learn to quilt. Does buying the supplies count?
24.  Give up something truly challenging for Lent. IN PROGRESS
25.  Go karaoke-ing.
26.  Finish at least one big project on my crafty to-do list. DONE
27.  Conquer a fear. DONE
28.  Go hiking for the first time since the last time when I said I’d never do it again. DONE
29.  Give money and other stuff to people in need. DONE
30.  Inspire someone else to complete their own 30 before 30! DONE

I have a couple of posts planned explaining a few of these...

4 comments:

  1. Can I PULEASE help you with #25? I've wanted to go do karaoke for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I PULEASE help you with #25? I've wanted to go do karaoke for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You kinda lucked out on #18! ha!
    I love karaoke! I haven't done it since that um....crazy semester I spent away at UGA. So...maybe I actually don't like Karaoke. Hard to tell. or remember.

    ReplyDelete