It's my birthday. I'm 29 today.
I'm having a really hard time believing I'm only one year away from turning the dirty 30! I've never minded getting older until now. Since I did a lot of things "young" (got married at age 20, first baby at 25) it hasn't bothered me to add a few years to my life resume. But something about 29 has me really feeling like I need to make an effort to carpe diem!
A friend of mine felt the same way when her 29th rolled around last year, and it was her blog that inspired me to do a "list" of my own. So, thanks Nas! And yeah, I admit it: I stole some of your ideas! :)
Some of these will be easy, others are complete pipe dreams, but I am determined to make this next year COUNT. Not that changing poopie diapers and making endless boxes of mac-n-cheese doesn't already fill me with a supreme sense of accomplishment, but I really want to remember rounding out the twenties and head fearlessly into the thirties. Without further stalling, here's the list:
My 30 before 30…
1. Buy my first pair of cowgirl boots.
2. See as many babies get born as possible without neglecting my family.
3. Finish the basement project.
4. Get to (at least) the half way point in my midwifery diploma coursework.
5. Collect enough bottles to fill up my wine rack.
6. Grow an herb garden on my deck.
7. Visit a new country.
8. Read a “classic” I’ve never read.
9. Teach Rory to read.
10. Redecorate my living room on the cheap.
11. Plan and execute a surprise getaway for me and Chris.
12. Go skiing again.
13. Get caught up on the family photo albums and stay that way!
14. Transfer all our video tapes onto DVDs.
15. Learn how to start the lawnmower, and then mow the lawn… but just once.
16. Do Professor Horner’s Bible Reading System for at least 1 month straight.
17. Visit my dad’s side of the family in Texas.
18. Pick out our next family car (and then save save save up for it!).
19. Dress all fancy (including hat and heels) and go to the Steeplechase.
20. Donate my ponytail to Locks of Love.
21. Hand write a thank you note every week for the whole year.
22. Take the girls to see the ocean for the first time.
23. Learn to quilt.
24. Give up something truly challenging for Lent.
25. Go karaoke-ing.
26. Finish at least one big project on my crafty to-do list.
27. Conquer a fear.
28. Go hiking for the first time since the last time when I said I’d never do it again.
29. Give money and other stuff to people in need.
30. Inspire someone else to complete their own 30 before 30!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AW, we have something in common: never mowed the lawn!
ReplyDeleteToo late for my 30 before 30. Oh well.
I say that they are ALL totally feasible. If you can deliver a baby, you can start (and mow) the lawnmower. ;) I'll encourage you throughout the next year. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love it!!! And I think since I'll be adding "See Lindsey's basement re-model...in person" to next year's 30 DURING 30 list, I think it's only fittin that we cross something off of your list while I'm there. Karaoking perhaps?! It's only fitting since you helped me complete one of my 30 before 30's. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou should make a craft board of some sort to post up your 30 before 30. That way it will be a cute reminder and a way to check things off your list. You know, like one of those posters teachers put up in their classroom and put stickers on it for good behavior. I would make a code up for the get a way with your husband so it can be a surprise. Have fun with your 30 before 30.
ReplyDeletego ahead and check #30 off!
ReplyDeleteLove it. My favorite is fill the wine rack!!
ReplyDelete