Friday, January 27, 2012

What happens when you unearth an old journal?

You have to blog it, obviously.

I am doing a super deep clean of my house (is someone nesting in the vicinity?  because I'm totally nesting on your behalf) and I found some very interesting written records. 

I found "The Book."

{suspenseful moment}

Does anyone out there in bloggyland remember slam books?  Please tell me that my group of friends in 10th grade weren't the only girls who got the idea from Seventeen magazine to write notes in a notebook and keep passing it back and forth between classes... anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone?

So yeah.  I found that notebook, and then lost an obscene number of minutes of my life reliving high school angst to the one thousandth degree.

{sad, shameful moment}

I bet you thought I was going to blog about that journal!  Made ya look!

I also found, under a giant dusty pile of random pictures and appliance manuals, the journal I was writing in after I found out I was pregnant with Rory.  Oh my goodness, I had forgotten about so many of the things that happened as I tried to navigate the Croatian maternity care system.  Just saying that makes me laugh, and re-reading what happened when I went to the doctor for the first time was a really good laugh-until-I-cried ab workout. 

So after I tackle this ginormous pile of laundry and defrost my hands from the hour in the basement it's going to take me... I'mma start typing the entry entitled "March 12, 2007"...

2 comments: