Thursday, January 5, 2012

More 30before30 coverage...

Trying to make sure I document the actualization of my 30 before 30 goals... a few highlights from the recently ticked off the list items...

My 30 before 30…

5.    Collect enough bottles to fill up my wine rack. DONE
Plus three extra bottles!

There's some non-alc stuff on there just so I don't look like a complete lush.

8.    Read a “classic” I’ve never read.   DONE
I chose to read a "new" classic: The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  It was incredible (in my humble opinion) and the movie actually does the book justice.  Go read it!  buy here

I also challenged my book club to read it and hosted the meeting at my house.

And yeah... I totally made a pie.  {read it and then you'll understand this reference}

20.  Donate my ponytail.  DONE

And as icing on the cake... my precious daughter asked if she could please do it too.  So we did it together.  It was her first ever haircut.




I was such a brave mom and didn't cry at all... until she threw the envelope full of ponytails onto the counter at the post office and announced confidently to the mailman: "We cutted off our ponytails to give to girls with no hair."  Cue tears.  Jim the Mailman got me through it (we're old pals... see my post about Panic at the Post Office to understand what I mean).

26.  Finish at least one big project on my crafty to-do list.  DONE
I've had a project "pinned" on Pinterest for like forever... and started it like forever ago... and finally finished it this past weekend!  It wasn't hard or time consuming... I just kept overthinking it or getting distracted.  But I finally finished it!  An art piece for over our playroom couch!
Obviously, it's our family.  Except birds.



27.  Conquer a fear.  DONE
This really deserves a post of its own (coming soon), but I will say this much: it is birth related. (no, I'm not pregnant.)

28.  Go hiking for the first time since the last time when I said I’d never do it again. DONE
Pass that "Wife of the Year" award on over here because it was *my* idea to go camping on New Year's Day this year.  So what if the temp was going to be 30 degrees by 7 pm?  We have a camper and a heater and we are just brave enough to try it.  So we did.  And we (the parents) forgot our blanket.

{The kids were fine... two pairs of jammies + 2 blankies = they were toasty.  We however wore every bit of clothing we packed and still couldn't generate enough body heat to stop shivering.}

Prior to the discovery that we were lacking a means to not completely freeze in our sleep, we went hiking.  And though it was only a mile trail, with very little "terrain" so to speak... it involved walking... through the woods... occasionally stepping over branches... and following painted dots on trees.  It totally counts.

Picture evidence...

See?  I'm sweating!  Proof I did the hike.  Ha.

29.  Give money and other stuff to people in need.  IN PROGRESS
I probably won't say much about this on the blog because it's kind of a private thing, but one thing we as a family had a chance to do this year was donate some winter coats to a local church's coat drive.  Just in case you need ideas for your own giving this year!  :)

30.  Inspire someone else to complete their own 30 before 30!  DONE
My good friend and overseas partner in crime Donna started her own 30 before 30 "Down Under" list!  (she lives in Australia)  Yay for her carrying on our shared legacy of ridiculous shenanigans!

4 comments:

  1. UMMM i really wanna be 30 now! this is SO fun i'm totally doing this one day. really really fun stuff.

    you're so fun.

    can't wait to here more about the no fear thing.

    and also there is a lot more room on that line with those birds ; ) just sayin' ha ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a 30 before 30 but I only have 4 months left and have accomplished very, very little of it! I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my 30 before 30 update. No images yet but I am trying to get back the motivation to accomplish some things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I think you are leaving me for dead...how many left to go? Dang, it just dawned on me that I only have 2 months left! Love our shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete