Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 year in review... "30 before 30" update

I've made some progress on the "30 before 30" list!

My 30 before 30…

1.    Buy my first pair of cowgirl boots.  DONE
2.    See as many babies get born as possible without neglecting my family.  IN PROGRESS (total births for 2011 - about 25)
3.    Finish the basement project.  ALMOST DONE
4.    Get to (at least) the half way point in my midwifery diploma coursework.
5.    Collect enough bottles to fill up my wine rack. DONE
6.    Grow an herb garden on my deck.
7.    Visit a new country.
8.    Read a “classic” I’ve never read.   DONE
9.    Teach Rory to read.  IN PROGRESS
10.  Redecorate my living room on the cheap.  DONE
11.  Plan and execute a surprise getaway for me and Chris. 
12.  Go skiing again.
13.  Get caught up on the family photo albums and stay that way!  ALMOST DONE
14.  Transfer all our video tapes onto DVDs.
15.  Learn how to start the lawnmower, and then mow the lawn… but just once.  DONE
16.  Do Professor Horner’s Bible Reading System for at least 1 month straight.  IN PROGRESS
17.  Visit my dad’s side of the family in Texas.
18.  Pick out our next family car (and then save save save up for it!).
19.  Dress all fancy (including hat and heels) and go to the Steeplechase.
20.  Donate my ponytail to Locks of Love.  DONE
21.  Hand write a thank you note every week for the whole year.  FAILING MISERABLY
22.  Take the girls to see the ocean for the first time.
23.  Learn to quilt.
24.  Give up something truly challenging for Lent.
25.  Go karaoke-ing.
26.  Finish at least one big project on my crafty to-do list.  DONE
27.  Conquer a fear.  DONE
28.  Go hiking for the first time since the last time when I said I’d never do it again.
29.  Give money and other stuff to people in need.  IN PROGRESS
30.  Inspire someone else to complete their own 30 before 30!  DONE

2 comments:

  1. You know, I am in Texas AND I live by the (granted, Gulf) ocean...you could cross two things off your list. Heck, we could go sing karaoke somewhere and cross off three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I think we are about on par with the amount of things we have crossed off! Though you have an extra few weeks to go :)

    ReplyDelete