... since my iPhone was the only piece of technology I remembered to bring with me on our camping weekend.
Ok, I lie, I brought my Kindle too. And a computer for the kids to watch a movie on (which they never did), and a toaster oven (which stays in the camper and never gets used)... but you get my point.
I forgot the cameras. No evidence whatsoever of our family camping trip to Ellijay this weekend for the Apple Pickin' Festival except for these gems captured via an Apple device *har har*:
 |
| At BJ Reece apple house to pick a peck o' apples |
|
 |
| Rory leading the way down the rows of Rome Beauty trees |
|
 |
| Liberty, in the petting zoo, chasing a bunny and yelling "Hold you! Hold you!" |
|
 |
| Napping after all the orchard shenanigans |
|
 |
| Chris's nap didn't look as peaceful |
|
 |
| Trying to stay warm by the campfire on Sunday morning |
|
 |
| Taking a load off at the last apple house we visited |
 |
| Rory, enjoying some alone time coloring this morning in the toasty warm camper |
|
We camped at the
Diamond Lure RV Campground and I would definitely recommend it! They had a good selection of campsites and nice, clean amenities like bathrooms/showers, laundry room, reading room, and a good outdoor space with a little beach front, pavilion with tables and grill, basic swingset, trampoline, and horseshoe pits. It was just in general a nice, family friendly place. They even brought around free extra wood for campfires when the temperature started dropping Saturday night. Great people, good price, and extremely convenient to 2 of the 3 big apple houses in Ellijay. I'm thinking maybe this will become an annual event for our family!
Maybe next year I'll even bring the camera(s).
i want to be in your family
ReplyDeleteFun!
ReplyDeleteCamping and kindles go hand in hand, for sure! I just had to come comment after your sweet note on my blog because it seriously made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that :)
ReplyDelete