Friday, January 7, 2011

Before and After

Before nap time:

After nap time: 

Lesson learned:  never tell your toddler that you are doing something after nap time unless you can 100% guarantee it will happen.  I was hating my life in the moment I had to tell her that her first ever dance class got postponed until next week.  :(

But was she not the cutest little almost-first-week-of-dance-class ballerina you ever saw?!

You'd agree even more emphatically if you could have seen her when she said, "Mommy, I'm going to show my teacher how I dance like the green lady," after which she did a darn good impression of Cyd Charisse as the emerald-clad fancy dancer in Singin' in the Rain. 

To be honest though, I was a bit relieved dance class got canceled, as Rory also specifically included the part of the dance where Cyd hands off her cigarette to Gene Kelly and then proceeds to shake what her mama gave her while he looks on.  Might have to rethink my philosophy about how old movies are safer viewing choices for a 3 year old.  :)

6 comments:

  1. PLEASE tell me that you have that dance on video ;) Rory is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Where is she going to take lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute!

    and rando fact, my middle name is thanks to the iconic dancer you mention...and i feel like some people are like "who is that?!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....I hate it when things like that happen. She is to precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been awhile since I've seen Singin' in the Rain! I'll have to watch it again to refresh my memory on that part. Rory looks so sad! My heart goes out to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is the cutest little ballerina ever. Seriously. Oh man...making me re-think needing my girl...STOP IT!!

    ReplyDelete