Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankless Thursday

From my limited involvement in the blog world, I've noticed there are some themes. Like, sometimes people do the same kind of post one day a week. "Thankful Thursday" is one I've seen multiple times, so here's my twist on it.

Instead of thankFULL Thursday, I'm going to do thankLESS Thursday. You'll see what I mean.


*Thanks, hubby, for coming up with the "lay a towel over it and put her back in bed" solution to dealing with a middle of the night bed wetting. Pee is SO much easier to clean up after it's dried on a crib sheet, towel, 2 special blankies, Baby Leah, and Goodnight Moon.

*Thanks, redneck with the monster truck who parked in the "New and Expectant Moms" spot at Kroger. I really did need the extra exercise walking twice as far with the two kids and then back with a cart full of groceries. In 90+ degree temps.

*Thanks, Baxter Garbage, for scheduling the pickup of our trash during nap time. Double thanks for refraining from getting your truck's brakes checked - the high pitched squealing is my daughter's FAVORITE noise to wake up to.

*Thanks, Cascade Complete, for being completely incapable of getting dried egg off the pyrex bowl. Again.

*Thanks, Rory, for offering to get me a band aid for the boo boo on my face (a.k.a. ginormous zit).

*Thanks, Liberty, for all the love bites.


(Seriously though, thank you Chris for working hard every day to bring home the bacon and make all my mundane, thankless Thursdays possible. But, please, for the love of Pete, could you at least TRY to put your boxers in the laundry basket after you take them off/throw them in the air with your foot/try to catch them in your hand???)

5 comments:

  1. If a video of such a feat didn't involve nudity, it would be awesome to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever watched the video by Flight of the Concords called "Business Time"? Check it out on YouTube if you haven't. Your comment about the boxers reminded me of that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahahahaha, Sarah, we LOVE that video! The first thing I said when Chris shaved off his sideburns was "Now you don't look like the Business Time guy anymore."

    ReplyDelete
  4. At our house, I'm generally the one who leaves the dried pee. (Nathan's pull-up always leaks in the morning.) Then I'm reminded by an odor a couple of days later that I never took off the sheets to wash and Nathan has been sleeping on pee sheets. This is what happens when your baby is still waking up through the night well into the second year of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha!!!! Why haven't we hung out?? Seriously?? My hubby LOVES Flight of the Conchords and I can laugh at most of them too! :)
    The Baxter Garbage people are extremely inconsistent. It drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete