
After many rave reviews, we buckled under the pressure and watched Date Night.
It was a strange experience, I'll be honest. It was like watching our lives play out on the screen except with more mob activity, scantily clad women, and swearing. We generally manage to keep these types of things to a minimum at our house. Pretty much the rest of it was like watching 2 skinnier versions of ourselves act out scenes from the past few years of our marriage. I have always found real life ironies to be the funniest material for comedy, so the fact that I was in hysterics over the TRUTHS in the old married cliches was pretty rewarding.
Since I love lists, I'd like to commemorate the watching of such a great movie with some reasons why we are the Fosters...
Chris is Phil because...
*he cannot dance at all. Not even the robot.
*chronic dork behavior
*says the wrong thing all the time
*doesn't understand why Mark Wahlberg should always be shirtless
*completely incapable of closing drawers
*falls asleep on the couch as soon as he comes home from work
*can actually come through with a good plan once in a while if his wife will let him
Lindsey is Claire because...
*she does an awesome robot dance
*fantasizes about being able to eat lunch totally alone
*appreciates large shoulder muscles and lack of shirts on Mark Wahlberg
*would gladly pose with a large glass of wine behind any celebrity
*can make magical things happening by just counting to 3
*control freak
*wears a size 2 dress and heels to fight crime... wait. No, never mind.
If you love your boring old marriage, you'll probably appreciate this movie. If you are single, go ahead and piously think, "That'll never be me! I'm going to marry for LOVE and PASSION and NEVER-ENDING sparks from the eternal flame!" I won't even begrudge you that fact, because we all do it. We all think our marriage will be different, and we are all so wrong. And that is a good thing. You'll know what I'm talking about someday. :)

I've been dying to see this movie. But first Pete has to return from his trip so he can watch his lord of the rings cartoon thing *eye roll* At least he appreciates why Mark Wahlberg should be shirtless.
ReplyDeletelove love LOVE. We saw this at the theater opening weekend so I think it's time to watch it again! My all time favorite pious quote from myself:
ReplyDeleteWe will NEVER walk through the store NOT holding hands!
Carrie, that's a seriously awesome pious quote. I think my all time best/worst pious quote was something along the lines of "We will always spoon in bed, and never be the couple that picks a fight just so the other one will sleep on the couch so you don't have to put up with their snoring in your face."
ReplyDeleteThat was sort of a long quote, haha. But still pious. :)
OMG, I never knew you had a blog...I totally read this post when you sent it to me and it never occurred to me YOU WROTE IT? Sorry, dork. I was like "i guess she googled Date Night and found this blog post. LOL
ReplyDelete@Candra's comment. ha ha ha ha
ReplyDelete