Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer is NOT funner.

Remember how long winter was? And how stinking cold it was?

After living in England and then Croatia, I promised myself a la Scarlett O'Hara... "I'll never be cold again!" This past winter almost killed me. I couldn't WAIT for summer. Like, was actually excited for the first time since high school to wear shorts.

Not that I actually own any "shorts" per se. I have one pair of jean bermudas, which my sister accuses of being "jorts" and therefore should apparently not be worn in public, but I digress.

I would like to state for the record that I TAKE IT BACK. I don't like summer after all. I especially don't like hot, sweaty, humid, gross GA summers. Yuck.

Just for fun, let's list some reasons why summer is not funner:
1) Boob sweat.
2) Nursing a baby in the heat = baby smells like boob sweat.
3) Sunscreen. I hate the feel, the smell, everything. It never washes off!
4) Leather seats in the summer - yeee-ow!
5) Having to leave the house 10 minutes early so I can turn the AC on so the children don't overheat in their 5-point harnesses.
6) I love soup/chili, and you just can't eat it in the summer.
7) All the "cool" places are totally full of other people's gross, sweaty children.
8) I don't like ice cream, so that's no fun.
9) Its so hot, the kids don't even want to go outside to play in their pool - in the shade, it's still 90-something.
10) And probably the most compelling reason is that there is so much more laundry to do with all the sweating!!!

2 comments: