Monday, September 5, 2011

Light 'Em Up

Seeing as how I'm decor obsessed these day (rainy day today = lots of time for little projects inside), here's a little chronicle of what we've done in the lighting department at our house lately.

It started with this little gem in the guest bedroom. $5 at Family Dollar, lamp/shade/all!


Then it seemed like the little lamp in the living room could use a freshen up, so voila!  $16 shade from Target:


Then the drum shade fever spread into the dining area and a $25 shade from Target turned this:

Photo from homedepot.com

into this:


I've confessed my love of younghouselove.com already, so there's no shame in my game when I say that the idea for the bathroom fixture update came straight from their house (via a trip to my Home Depot for this awesome outdoor-turned-indoor fixture):

Love the nautical feel!

Which brings us to the next little lady.  She's a classy act... if the year is 2002.  I was so in love with her as I wandered through Target, zapping items with the wedding registry barcode scanner thingy.  She was tres chic!  She was Parisienne!  And I hadn't yet failed French 200 so I was still feeling good about le Francais at this point in time.

But time marches on, you fail a 4 hour class and it causes you to miss graduating with honors by .02 grade points... and the love of le Tour Eiffel grows somewhat dim.  Yet not so dim that I haven't still got it, in lamp form, next to my bed.

She illuminates my Kindle nook, complete with amazing head scratcher thinger

In case you haven't guessed it yet, she's my next lighting overhaul victim.  I'm plotting magnifique things for either a redo a la Pinterest inspiration, or clear out a la yard sale.  I haven't decided yet.  On the one hand, it's a fun trip through memory lane every time I switch 'er on.  But on the other hand...

It's a lamp that looks like the Eiffel Tower.  And I'm still kinda bitter about French 200.  In case you hadn't noticed.

So, c'est le mystery what will happen next!  In the meantime, tell me about a lighting faux pas you've committed!

3 comments:

  1. Love the bathroom fixture... we have three in our bathroom. I did a dry brush finish on them with black appliance paint--not exactly the nautical theme. Not sure what theme I was going for, but they look great. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I told you that I had that same lamp from target!!! :) I got it when we got married in 2001!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING everything you are doing in your home!!!!! Seriously...you are on a roll!!!

    ReplyDelete