Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

I've never actually been assigned this topic in school, so I'll take this opportunity to emerge from blog silence and answer the ever popular question.

So far, this summer I have:
*redecorated my living room
*attended the "welcome parties" of 6 sweet babies (and awaiting #7 any day now...)
*purchased a camper AND gone camping AND liked it
*logged approximately 5k miles on my car
*helped Rory start learning to write her name
*drunk approximately 685 cups of coffee
*discovered a new favorite chocolate cake recipe
*had a full conversation with my 19 month old that centered around where Daddy was and how he got there (her sudden communication explosion blew my mind!)
*not lost an entire night's sleep despite all the baby birthing that's been going on
*read 7 books on my Kindle
*won a boat rental for telling a ridiculous story on the radio (post to follow about this)
*celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary by going to Big Lots (and no that is not a euphemism)
*put way too much thought into who the Bachelorette is going to pick


Now, YOUR TURN!  Wow me with your adventures!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you hopped over to my blog and left me a comment :)
    Sounds like those babies are keeping you busy and giving you a lot of experience.
    My summer has been super exciting:
    Chase a crawling/pulling up baby and save him from all the dangers in the house. Spoon food into his mouth. Sit and nurse. Avoid the heat by sitting in the den and watching the little kids play in the kiddie pool on the back deck. Defend my kitchen from ants. Today I got to hold and photograph my cousin's new baby :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you post! Summer vacation has been just as exciting over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed this post! I'm excited to be your #7 baby for the summer! Now if we could just get kiddo to get the party started...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id missed your blogging! Give me a few months for summer to roll around and then I will let you know what I did!

    ReplyDelete