Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's About Time

My husband and I are not gift givers.  This stems from living in abject poverty for the first 5 years of our marriage.

So imagine my shock when a bag from a local jeweler was presented to me for Mother's Day this year.  My three year old yelled, "Mommy, open your watch!" as she threw the bag at me, so I honestly thought: "Huh, I bet he got this bag as a joke.  I bet it's a pink plastic Swatch."

Or not!
Photobucket

I have got to hand it to the boy, he knew how to pull off a surprise!  I mentioned a few months back that I needed a watch with a second hand to wear to births.  I hadn't given that comment another thought, but he sure did!  He thought of everything with this watch!  It's small and low profile to fit under my gloves.  It's stainless steel and waterproof just in case it goes for a dunk in a birth pool.  It's stretchy band makes it go on and off easily, one handed even.  And bonus, it's GORGEOUS!

I just kept saying, "WHAT?! You picked this out?  WHAT?! Are you for real? WHAT?!?!?!"  I love this watch.  Like, more than I love my luggage.  {Steel Magnolias reference}

Looks like there's a new bar set for Father's Day this year.  :)

1 comment: