Sunday, March 27, 2011

Project Simplify: Hot Spot #3

I don't have much to post about this one, thankfully!

Hot spot #3 was kids clothes and toys, and thanks to a consignment sale in which I participated the first weekend of this month, this hot spot was under control already!  So, I just did a couple little updates to our current toy and clothes storage system.

Clothes:
- swapped out the winter stuff for the summer stuff
- organized, marked, and stored the off season too small stuff
- moved the "a little too big" stuff to the closets for easy access in a few months
- pared down the number of jackets in hall closet

Toys:
- created a toy rotation (out: mega bloks they haven't touched in 3 months; in: ball popper thing I hate but they love, haha)
- bought a storage ottoman for dress up clothes so I don't have to be opening and closing (100x a day!) the suitcase in which the dress up clothes used to be
- found all the pieces to all the puzzles int the house and corralled them back into boxes and containers

And the playroom was clean for about 1.5 seconds.  Now it's back to looking like this:
Action shot

How'd you do this week?  Was this a difficult area to tame?  I am the first to admit that I'm sort of a toy nazi... my kids have no say whatsoever in what stays or goes.  It's my sanity or the singing Bingo dog!  :)

2 comments:

  1. UGH We are dealing with this right now. Attempting to stuff it all in one room where they also sleep so we can free up the other room for baby stuff.
    Our big plan was to create an awesome play room downstairs like Christi and you guys have. But that's more of a long term goal now while we try and take care of our biggest hot spot: BILLS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed you found all the puzzle pieces. That is something that never happens around here.

    ReplyDelete