Monday, June 21, 2010

A different type of lost and found...

Have you ever found something you DIDN'T KNOW was lost?

Yesterday I changed a poopy diaper and found a computer bolt that nobody knew was missing.



Ho-ly cow.

I know kids are kids and eat weird stuff all the time, but this is the first time it's ever happened to me (that I know of - wait, saying that makes it worse!). It has been freaking me out to no end to see in my mind's eye, this GIGANTIC (in relation to a 7th month old's mouth, anyway) bolt going
in her mouth...
down her throat...
down her esophagus...
into her stomach...
swished around with all the stomach acid and other items she's eaten recently, like part of a baby wipe...
past the flap thingy at the top of the intestines...
through the intestines...
still going through the intestines (isn't there like 12 ft of intestines?)...
and finally making its way through the out door.

I'm having flashbacks of that old movie with Dennis Quaid where he shrinks himself and then gets into somebody's body and travels around in some spaceship of a pill type thing? Anyone else remember that? Blech.

I am really trying to be just thankful and relieved that she is okay and that we never knew anything was wrong. And taking it as a lesson that I need to really spend some time babyproofing, since she apparently is going to be much more orally fixated than Rory has ever been.

I think I'll probably be scared every time I change her diaper from now on though.

7 comments:

  1. This won't make you feel better, but Innerspace is an awesome flick! If nothing else than for the scene where he flies by his baby in Meg Ryan's uterus! I am sure Liberty will be fine.
    -Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love Innerspace and watch it all the time! The baby part that Sherri mentioned was my favorite part! So glad that bolt made its way out safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeek! Noah swallowed a penny once. He was between 1-2 but old enough to tell us what it was he choked on. And because we didn't know what year it was (ha ha! seriously, they asked us) we had to monitor it constantly because certain older years could eat away at the stomach lining. It passed in about 3 weeks time. I think it was better to not know for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Innerspace! Awesome movie! I see I'm not the only one *lol* I'm intrigued by the bolt now, at first I thought it was one of those tiny screws but obviously not. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find it and take a picture. It would freak you out if you saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! That is my worst nightmare! I'm glad she passed it.

    I gave you a blogging award today...check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete