
Rory is going to be learning a lot in the next few weeks and months, largely due to the fact that she is getting a sister in about 2 weeks, and will be introduced to things like:
-sharing her room
-NOT yelling while baby sister is sleeping
-fetching diapers and wipes
One thing I hadn't really thought about yet is the fact that baby sister will pretty much be attached at the boob for at least the first week, which means Rory will get a lot of exposure (har har) to the idea of breastfeeding a baby. I suppose if I had thought about this already, I might have started talking about it with her or at least dug out my Hooter Hider so that I can be discreet and avoid the topic entirely.
Turns out, she's already a pro.
Today (while company was over, no less) she walks out of her room and stands in the living room with her baby doll and proceeds to pull up her dress and (properly, I might add) position Baby Leah in a perfect cross cradle nursing pose. Then she says for the record: "I feed baby. My boobies."
I guess I should be... proud of her? :)

That is so funny! Where did she learn it?!
ReplyDeleteYou should DEFINITELY be proud of her! ha ha! That's what they're for and don't let her know any differently!
Absolutely be proud!!! Max still pretends to nurse his dolls, and Luke has started checking his nipples for "Luke Milk". At least Rory has the gender thing going for her.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I think it's great when kids pretend to feed their babies the way God designed us to.
ReplyDeleteThis, like all your posts, made me laugh! My edition o that book has a much worse picture on it! It's like a giant boob and a baby's head. Seriously. In fact, I wouldn't even buy it in Barnes & Noble, I waited to order it online because it was so embarrassing. I call it the "boob book." Nice huh?
ReplyDeleteLOL, thats great! Go rory! Good ol baby leah :)
ReplyDelete