Saturday, April 18, 2009

Quite Possibly the Best Day Ever.

Being that this was my Spring Break week off school, Chris took yesterday off work and we did a family day trip to the Chattanooga Aquarium. This was Rory's second aquarium visit, but sadly, she was in utero for the first one, and therefore we assume had a limited amount of fun.

We got suckered into buying a season pass with guest privileges, because as the sign screamed, "It pays for itself in two visits!" I hated to think we were "wasting" $50 for a one time visit, when a season pass is only $100. Boy am I glad we bought it! Rory loved the aquarium. Actually, Chris AND Rory loved it. I had to laugh at how amazed the boy was at everything. I had been there quite a few times before, so I was entertained, but not quite to the stymied extent of the rest of my family.

A few of the days highlights, photojournalism style...

Rory, holding a dead/petrified/taxidermied/otherwise preserved baby tiger shark:


Is it just me, or does that butterfly have Rory's eyes?


Penguins!


One of Rory's favorite parts (second only to the holding of the dead shark)... PIZZA!


It really, honestly, was one of my favorite days ever as a family. Maybe THE favorite. After all the fun in Chattanooga, we came home and planted some flowers and otherwise tried to make our dirt heap of a lawn look nicer. Rory was absolutely giddy about getting to play in the dirt, Redneck style, in just a t-shirt and diaper. She was "helping" us fill empty pots with dirt, alternating between doing that and dragging the hoe around. She got to hold a caterpillar, which she pronounced to be "GROSS!" We all forgot to eat dinner, we were having so much fun, so I sheepishly remembered she needed food and we had a last minute bowl of strawberries and cream oatmeal before she crashed at the late hour of... 7.

I can't wait for more warmer days and repeat visits to the aquarium. We've got a guest pass, so call me! We'll plan a dead shark holding, penguin oohing, butterfly catching, pizza eating date!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I love the cupcake sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We're members too! :) I promise I'm not stalking you, lol, just catching up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete